Build a Stocking:
To help with your Christmas stocking packing this year, here is our Troops Wish List. We’ve outlined how to pack the stocking in order to help you cram as much stuff as possible into it without bursting it at the seams!
- Open that stocking wide! We suggest 18″ stocking.
- Items for a stocking in order from toe to top:
- Small can of baked beans OR Small flip top canned fruit
- Socks – 2 pair white
- Gum – 1 or 2 packs (placed in snack ziplock or rest of items will have a mint taste)
- Individual packs of tissues – 1
- Individual Drink mix – recommend remove from box & place in snack size ziplock
- Protein Bars/granola bars – 3 in a sandwich ziplock (requested are bars with high protein)
- Raman Noodles – 1 package (cup will not fit)
- 2 individual packages hot cocoa/ 2 individual packages oatmeal; all in a sandwich ziplock
- Dental kit – toothbrush, travel size paste, floss &/or lip balm; all in a quart-size ziplock
- Trail Mix OR Dried Cranberries …. Individual size – 1 to 2
- Card game; dice game; small notebook with pen; other game; nail clippers
- And most importantly, write an encouraging card or a short letter of cheer to the happy service person who’s going to get this stocking! It’s especially tough for them to be away from family and friends during the Holiday Season
Now, that…is a “Christmas Stocking”!
We know this is a tall order – but we have faith in you, as you have faith in us! And none of us can ever forget the men and women whose day we make, when they open your Christmas stocking and think of home.
Merry Christmas and God Bless Our American Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines.
Thanks from the bottom of our OCT hearts!